I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Inspiration comes from the strangest places by Alison (Alz) Callcott

A few days ago I was making some Christmas recipe cards for a swap I am in at ScrapChat. I had recently been to Tan’s and seen the gorgeous Bo-Bunny’s Tis The Season range and fallen in love instantly ... so I was working with those papers. As these were Christmas recipe cards I wanted to add that ‘something extra’. That ‘something extra’ turned out to be my all time favourite Christmas photo ... one of my mum and my niece from a looong time ago. Whilst making the recipe cards I was really enjoying the way they were coming together; with the photo on them, and using the sublime Tis The Season papers I started thinking about doing a LO with the same photo and papers. When the recipe cards were finished and I was checking them (back and front) the thought occurred to me ... I wonder if I could make a sketch for my LO from the recipe cards? I’ve not done something like that before. Ordinarily my inspiration comes from either the products or the photos. So I gave it a go and created a sketch.



Like most scrappers I’ve worked from sketches before but my friends often laugh at how I ‘interpret’ a sketch. Sometimes my end result looks nothing like the original sketch. This time I was determined to stick to the sketch ... LOL it was after all my own! This is the result ...


Products include...
* Bo Bunny’s Back to Basics Tis The Season pp
- Yuletide (including reverse)
- Stripe (including reverse)
- Deck The Halls (including reverse)
* Zva Creative self-adhesive Pearl – Flourish II Lime
* Kaiser Pearls – Lush
* Carolee’s Creations Adornit Alphas – Sleek Red
* A4 Acetate
* Brads – medium round cream
* Hambly Screen Prints rub-ons


To check out out these products come and visit us at http://www.scrapncraftwitht.com.au/

No doubt my friends are having a chuckle but I’m dead set certain that I can see the ‘bones’ of the sketch in my LO!! Okay (LOL) so maybe if you squint really hard! If you too have received inspiration from odd places I would love to see your finished projects and read your stories in the gallery. Please let me know I’m not the only one!!!

Alison (Alz) Callcott :)

2 comments:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Fabulous layout and sketch, Alz! I am not sure about the strange inspiration part, but following my own sketches for one of the Scrapchat challenges was an interesting experience :) It sure does make you 'grow' to plan out your own sketches!

Anonymous said...

Love this sketch Alz and your LO is gorgeous.

Lizzy
xx