I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Monday, July 12, 2010

THE THOUGHT BEHIND THE PROCESS

Monochromatic Magic


This layout that I am sharing today is called the Purrfectchild. Sometimes we have not so pleasant photos that just need to be scrapped, and sometimes we have the perfect title to go with them also.

With this layout I was lucky enough to have some great A2Z Scraplets that were created by Kylie Abel on Tanyahs Design Team.  Kylie did a great job in designing this border strip as it has worked in perfectly with my title, thanks Kylie.



I decided upon a monochromatic scheme using pink in creating this layout. It went great with the tones of my daughters skin, the carpet in the background and that huge tongue of hers... cheeky little peep she is... by the way ... this is a self portrait that she took of herself, scary isn't it?

The photo has a stitched border of pale pink which is offset to the left of the page. This left me enough room to add the feline border strip and the title. In coloring the A2Z scraplet borderstrips I mixed my own color from the white and burgundy tubes. Firstly they were undercoated and then the other color was blended over the top. In my stash of embellishments i found the perfect colored buttons to add a little dimension to the paghe and then I added my title.

I hope you enjoy my layout this week, sometimes its better to look at the KISS principle on things by not overcrowding the page, leaving just enough interest by allowing whitespace and to make things even more simple using a monochromatic color scheme.

enjoy your week.
tracey

No comments: