Congratulations again to those of you who are still with us in the competition. The gallery looks amazing and we are thrilled with the effort everyone has been putting into their entries, keep up the awesome work!
This week's challenge is set by Melinda Spinks (winner of the 'Embellish It' competition in 2009)
Melinda's challenge is to create a layout using the following criteria:
- Layout to be any shape but square!
- Monochromatic Colour Scheme (With a hint of one other colour only!)
- Paper Rolling or Quilling must be used on your layout!
- Stamping to be used on your layout and be a prominant feature (not just a little stamp in the corner).
- An embellishment to be made using acetate/transparency (you can also include any of the above criteria on your embellishment).
Melinda has used the colour pink in varying shades for her monochromatic theme with just a touch of brown. You can incorporate small amounts of one other colour, but remember... white and black are classed as colours so you cannot use them unless they are your nominated colour.
Your embellishment this week is to incorporate clear acetate or a transparency, if you don't have either of these at home then you might be able to use clear packaging of some kind. Melinda has used the clear cover of a shirt box to make the angel wings and used a white paint pen to draw the definining lines. She has also used another form of paper rolling for the large heart on her embellishment.
So... time to get creative and get rolling!
We hope you enjoy round 5 of the competition and look forward to seeing your creations in the gallery!
Luv Tan & My Design Team Xx