I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Friday, April 9, 2010

Step-by-Step layout by Ingeborg Dijkstra using 'Green at Heart' from Basic Grey

Tanyah asked me if I'd like to create a few layouts and/ or cards with the brand new 'Green at Heart' collection from Basic Grey. Looking at the gorgeous green, purple and pink colours of this collection I only needed a second to say 'yes' to that idea! In the next few weeks I will show you cards and layouts made with this wonderful range. Basic Grey also released some great new embellishments that I will use as well!

Here is a list of materials that I have used for this layout:

I started this layout with a green background. The 'Moss' paper fitted well with the colours of the photo I was going to use.

I cut a large rectangle of the 'Grass' paper. Don't let the name fool you ... this paper is not green, but purple and it has the cutest butterflies and swirls on it (see picture below):

I wanted to keep this layout fairly plain to really showcase the photo and the lovely Basic Grey products, but I still wanted to add a bit of a personal touch to it with some handstitching. I used a Bazzil Stitching template with swirls to create a border on the right side of the paper. You will see the template on the picture below.

I used wool to create this border to make it a bit 'fuzzy'.
Using some of the gorgeous embellishments of the Green at Heart collection I finished of my layout. I used a chipboard tree from the Chipboard Coloured Stickers pack, a felt butterfly and heart from the 'Woolies' package, two die cut shapes from the 'Die Cuts Pieces' pack and a little journaling spot from the journaling set 'Writer's Block'. This journaling set actually contains heaps and heaps of journaling tags ... they are stacked in the package, so even though you only see a few on the photo, there are many in the package!

Click HERE to see the whole 'Green at Heart' collection that is available in the shop! I'd love to see you create a card or a layout with this collection too. If you do, make sure you upload it in the gallery for all of us to enjoy!

4 comments:

Shazz said...

Just gorgeous Ingeborg...I bought this PP pack off Tanyah but am yet to use any of it. Your LO might just have tempted me enough to open it and get scrapping ~xo~

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

The colours here are so beautiful. I love the tree and leaves. It is almost as if she is peeking through the trees....

Liz Weber said...

This is just gorgeous and so sweet Ingeborg, I love this range and you have shown it off beautifully. I really love what you did with that Bazzill template!

Anonymous said...

Stunning Ingeborg. I love the Bazzill stitch templates ... great idea to do the stitching with wool! TFS. Alz :)