I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Friday, April 23, 2010

'Note to Self' - a step-by-step layout by Ingeborg Dijkstra

I made this layout about a book I read recently. The title of the book is: 'Beautiful in God's eyes' by Elizabeth George. The book is about a chapter of the Bible; Proverbs 31. For as long as I can remember I have been challenged by that part, since it always tend to make me feel inferior (in my eyes the woman described in that part seemed like a mega super woman)! Reading Elizabeth's book changed my perspective and I am so grateful for that! I added a picture of myself with a smile on my face, since I truly am happier after reading that book!

In the last few years I have started to make layouts about books that are special to me. I love reading and I think it is important to let our children and future generations know about who we are, what we believe, what we like etc. Too many times I create layouts about my children, my husband, friends, holidays, but I encourage you to create more layouts about yourself too!

Anyway ... here is a list of materials that I have used for this layout:

Using another piece of scallop cardstock, I traced the shape on the back of the pink patterned paper.

I cut it out and stuck it onto the green paper.

I have torn a rectangle shape out of the 'Recycle' patterned paper to create a border around my photo. I rounded the corners of my photo with a punch.

I decided to use one of the die cut shapes to create my title. The words 'note to self' were already printed on it, so all I had to do was add the rest in my own handwriting. I used a small sticker strip to stick from left to right. The stem and petals of the flower were made with the chipboard stickers. I used the journaling block for the additional text. This journaling block is like a
note pad and has quite a few pages.

I added some buttons in the middle of each scalloped shape for a final touch. Done! This is the finished result:

3 comments:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Beautiful layout, Ingeborg :)

Anonymous said...

Stunning LO Ingeborg. The colours are so refreshing. I agree about scrapping about ourselves. I hadn't thought to scrap about the books I've read and loved though so thank you for the inspiration. (LOL I can feel a mini album coming on!) Alz :)

Melinda Spinks said...

Stunning! Love the layout, love the concept and love the papers!