I have a new blog!

If you want to see only my creations please come and check out and follow my new blog http://www.tanyah-payne.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Journalling ideas - using quotes and poems.

Your journalling can set the tone for your layout but sometimes you just can't find the right words.  Quite often I find all I want to say can be found in the words of a certain poem or quote.  Even the words of a favourite song can be used as your journalling focus.  If you are new to scrapbooking and the thought of journalling on your layouts seems a bit daunting than this is a great way of easing yourself into it.

This is probably my favourite journalling technique and I have a list of favourite quotes that I keep handy and jot down any quotes or poems that I come across that I think I could use in my projects. 

Here are a few projects that have quotes or poems as the journalling focus.





This doesn't have to be limited to your layouts - try it out on your cards as well.  Here are a couple of super-simple cards - all I have used is a piece of scrap paper (with some sewing around the edge) and the quote.





Why not try this technique in your next layout or try making a card with the quote on the outside instead of the inside. 

Remember we would love to see your creations in our gallery.

Happy creating!
nic...xxxooo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous LOs NIc. I too am a keen fan of quotes. I haven't thought to use them on cards before so thanks a million for the inspiration!!! Alz :)

Tanyah Payne said...

I have seen these IRL and WOW they are just amazing, your one tallented clever girl that is for sure! thanks for sharing nic xx